1.0 FTE Temporary Information Technologist
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL POSTING: position.
Several school locations -- see details
Posting number: 2020-21-228
Start Date: August 16, 2021 - End Date: May 13, 2022 Geraldton/Longlac, ON.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Networking, hardware or relevant Certification.
- A minimum of two or more years on-site customer I.T. technical support experience (break/fix).
- A+ Certification and MCP or MCSA Certification.
- Possession and use of an owned and insured vehicle for travel between locations.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s license and motor vehicle insurance.
- Good understanding of virtual and physical computers, printing and wireless technologies.
- Working technical knowledge of Office 365 and Google Workspace for Education.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end-user procedures.
- Works well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Previous experience working with Chromebooks and iPad.
Key Responsibilities and Performance Standards:
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot TCP/IP, LAN, WAN (cables, switches, routers, wireless access points and network cards) for all schools and board offices.
- Provide Network administration system-wide area network, on-site and remotely for 9 schools and Board office.
- Set up and administration of Servers, including physical and virtual.
- Create and develop procedure documentation and training material as required.
- Maintain records of work performed and inventory equipment.
- Support, implement and administer Microsoft Active Directory.
- Set up of new users’ accounts and profiles, network access and password related issues.
- Prioritizing and managing many technical problems at one time.
- Configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade board office and school’s computers, servers, printers and peripherals.
- Troubleshoot File and Print related issues.
- Responsible for imaging computers at board offices and all schools.
- Liaise with IT Managers, ISP’s and contractors to correct problems and/or complete tasks.
- Provide support to School and board office Interactive technologies such as Promethean Boards/SMART Boards and projectors
- Research and keep current by reading, attending scheduled conferences, webinars and or training sessions.
- Respond to technology issues presented by trouble tickets and phone calls.
Conditions of Employment and Physical:
- Current Pastoral Reference (if applicable)
- Successful Completion of all Safety training courses
- Must undergo a successful vulnerable police record check
- Must be capable of safely moving, lifting and/or carrying computer equipment within Health and Safety guidelines.
- Moving objects between a lower and higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position through the use of upper extremities and back muscles exerting up to 50 pounds of force. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds frequently and occasionally lift and move 25-50 pounds.
- Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet, crawling under desks on back.
- Travel throughout the Board’s boundaries with a focus on providing IT support to the Northern. Schools (Geraldton, Longlac, Nakina, Red Rock and Nipigon) and Board Administration offices.
Conditions of Employment
Please submit your resume by August 10, 2021 to email@example.com and indicate the posting number.
Application package must include the following:
A PDF Version of this Job Posting
- No media download found.
SNCDSB is searching for a collaborative, dynamic leader that supports student engagement, well-being and achievement within a Catholic organization. 1.0 FTE Temporary Information Technologist available.
Start Date: August 16, 2021 - End Date: May 13, 2022 Location: Geraldton/Longlac, ON. Click to tweet
Personal information is collected pursuant to the Education Act and will be used to determine the eligibility for employment with the SNCDSB.
Superior North Catholic District School Board is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Catholic Education Centre: 21 Simcoe Plaza, Terrace Bay, Ontario, P0T 2W0
Phone: 1-807-825-3209 | Fax: 1-807-825-3885 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org