Temporary Attendance Counsellor
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL POSTING: 1.0 Full Time Equivalent position.
Location to be determined.
Posting number: 2019-20-08
SNCDSB is searching for a collaborative, dynamic leader that supports student engagement, well-being and achievement within a Catholic organization.
Start Date: December 18, 2019 for one year
SNCDSB is seeking an individual who:
- Possesses knowledge of community services and resources available to students, parents and school personnel.
- Is able to work independently and display initiative in solving attendance, school transition, social, emotional and/or behavioural challenges of students.
- Is able to work as an integral member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Will be knowledgeable of the pertinent Acts and Regulations and their amendments.
- Will continue to develop Attendance and Counselling skills through ongoing professional learning
- Will maintain an ongoing membership in the Ontario Association for Counselling and Attendance Services
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Protect the right of every student to make the most effective use of her/his school experience.
- Provide an intense level of support, intervention and/or assessment on behalf of the high-risk student.
- Act as an advocate and promote effective relationships between the home, the school and the community in the best interests of a student.
- Perform the duties of School Attendance Counsellor as outlined in the Education Act, Ministry of Education Regulations and memorandums.
- Utilizing collaborative consultation, determine factors causing absenteeism by gathering information from the student, the home, the school and the community thereby seeking ways to improve attendance within a supportive framework.
- Develop and maintain a close liaison with the student, school and board personnel, the home and/or community agencies in order to advocate and intervene on behalf of students and their families.
- Perform related professional duties as assigned.
- Is willing to travel throughout SNCDSB
- University degree or equivalent combination of Community College diploma and/or experience, all in the social science field.
- Ontario Ministry of Education School Attendance Counselor Certificate would be an asset.
- Minimum 3 years working experience.
- Strong knowledge of Technology & Google Apps for Education.
- Cover letter and resume which clearly outlines your qualifications, skills and experiences related to the position
- Current Pastoral Reference preferred
- A minimum of three (3) references including email addresses must be included in order for your package to be considered complete. Reference Check Consent Form can be found on our website.
Conditions of Employment
Health and Safety training, Police record check with vulnerable sector screening, Pastoral Reference
Please submit your resume by Open Until Filled. to email@example.com and indicate the posting number. If we have listed a due date for the application, submit your application before 4pm on, or before, that date.
Application package must include the following:
Cover Letter, Resume, References, Pastoral Reference
A PDF Version of this Job Posting
Job Posting for a 1.0 FTE Temporary Attendance Counsellor - Location to be Determined - Open Until Filled. Click to tweet
Personal information is collected pursuant to the Education Act and will be used to determine the eligibility for employment with the SNCDSB.
Superior North Catholic District School Board is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Catholic Education Centre: 21 Simcoe Plaza, Terrace Bay, Ontario, P0T 2W0
Phone: 1-807-825-3209 | Fax: 1-807-825-3885 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org