1.0 FTE Temporary Positive Behaviour Support Worker - Geraldton, Longlac Area
EXTERNAL POSTING: position.
Posting number: 2019-20-01
SNCDSB is searching for a collaborative, dynamic leader that supports student engagement, well-being and achievement within a Catholic organization.
Temporary Positive Behaviour Support Worker
Start Date: October 17, 2019
SNCDSB is seeking an individual who:
- Is directly involved with children and youth who are dealing with a wide range of social, emotional, behavioural, or learning challenges
- Will work with school personnel to contribute to the provision of a spectrum of services to students within the school environment
- Can collaborate with principals, teachers, educational assistants, parents/guardians, and other support services personnel
- Works collaboratively with other agencies and services outside of the schools to meet the educational needs of students
- Is able to facilitate behaviour management planning and implementation, social or life skill tutoring, as well as engage directly with students in activities involving sport, drama, or music, or in-class support
- Engages in multidisciplinary consultation, school team meetings, case conferences, and I.P.R.C.s providing tools for developing pathways to support students in need
- Is willing to travel throughout SNCDSB
- Child and Youth Worker diploma or related program
- Minimum 3 years working experience, including experience working with children and youth who have special education needs
- Training and experience implementing ABA principles would be an asset
- Strong knowledge of Technology & Google Apps for Education
- Cover letter and resume which clearly outlines your qualifications, skills and experiences related to the position
- Current Pastoral Reference preferred
- A minimum of three (3) references including email addresses must be included in order for your package to be considered complete. Reference Check Consent Form can be found on our website.
Conditions of Employment
Please submit your resume by Open Until Filled. to email@example.com and indicate the posting number. If we have listed a due date for the application, submit your application before 4pm on, or before, that date.
Application package must include the following:
Cover Letter, Resume, References, Pastoral Reference
A PDF Version of this Job Posting
SNCDSB is seeking a 1.0 FTE Temporary Positive Behaviour Support Worker in the Longlac, Geraldton Area. Please submit your application indicating competition number to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications: Open until filled. Click to tweet
Personal information is collected pursuant to the Education Act and will be used to determine the eligibility for employment with the SNCDSB.
Superior North Catholic District School Board is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Catholic Education Centre: 21 Simcoe Plaza, Terrace Bay, Ontario, P0T 2W0
Phone: 1-807-825-3209 | Fax: 1-807-825-3885 | Email: email@example.com