Superintendent of Education - Academic
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL POSTING: 1.0 Full Time Equivalent position.
Location to be determined.
Posting number: 2018-19-34
Superior North Catholic District School Board’s primary purpose is student achievement and well-being through our commitment to Catholic values and academic excellence. We build the capacity of our employees by emphasizing leadership development and staff professional development. We value the pivotal role our leaders play in the achievement through our Strategic Plan and Board Improvement Plan for Student Achievement and Well Being.
Applicants must demonstrate; a strong commitment and high expectations for staff and students in the pursuit of academic excellence; superior interpersonal skills, strategic decision-making; systems thinking; leadership and managerial effectiveness, team building and professionalism. At this time we are searching for an optimistic, dynamic, resilient and compassionate leader who has demonstrated exceptional commitment to Catholic Education. The candidate must have a proven track record in leading a learning agenda, focused on student engagement and student and educator learning. Enhancing community partnerships, as well as collaboration with the home, school, and parish is important.
The successful candidate shall possess:
- Ontario Supervisory Officer Certification, as specified by the Ministry of Education, or be completing the Supervisory Officer Qualifications Program
- Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Registration
- A Master's Degree
- Religious Education Part 1 and 2, or equivalent (minimum requirement)
- Outstanding leadership in a Catholic School District with several years’ experience as an administrator
- Extensive knowledge and experience of programs, instructional practises and assessment
- Family of Schools Supervision
- Establish and maintain constructive communication and effective working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders
- Initiate and lead various special projects throughout the year
- Elementary Supervision and Implementation
- Implement and administer all Board policies through collaboration with the various stakeholders
- Steering Committee and Policy Review Committee
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned by the Director of Education
Skills and competencies:
- Outstanding leadership skills demonstrated in a variety of positions of responsibility
- A clear understanding of the Board’s Shared Vision
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous education, cultures and traditions
- Ability to balance multiple and sometimes conflicting demands from various stakeholders
- Demonstrate a commitment to the preservation and strengthening of publicly funded Catholic education
Conditions of Employment:
- Will be required to travel to various work locations and provide own transportation
- Must work and attend meetings outside of regular working hours
- Must undergo a successful police record check with vulnerable sector screening
- Cover letter and resume which clearly outlines your qualifications, skills and experiences related to the position
- Current pastoral reference
- A minimum of three (3) references including email addresses must be included in order for your package to be considered complete. Reference Check Consent Form
Conditions of Employment
Please submit your resume by February 8, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the posting number. If we have listed a due date for the application, submit your application before 4pm on, or before, that date.
Application package must include the following:
Cover Letter, Resume, References, Pastoral Reference
A PDF Version of this Job Posting
Superior North Catholic DSB is seeking a Superintendent of Education - Academic. Submit your application and package indicating competition number 2018-19-34 to email@example.com by February 8, 2019. Click to tweet
Personal information is collected pursuant to the Education Act and will be used to determine the eligibility for employment with the SNCDSB.
Superior North Catholic District School Board is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Catholic Education Centre: 21 Simcoe Plaza, Terrace Bay, Ontario, P0T 2W0
Phone: 1-807-825-3209 | Fax: 1-807-825-3885 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org