Leadership & Learning Niibin (Summer) Camp
Superior North Catholic District School Board is offering a 3-week program of fun and learning for students entering Junior Kindergarten to Grade 5 at St. Edward Catholic School in Nipigon.
Information from July of 2016
Some activities included:
- Nature Walks & Hikes
- Visit to Pays Plat First Nation Cultural Days
- Building Boats & Structures with Nature
- Outdoor Algebra - Shape and Angle Hunt
- Water Week - Building floating devices
- Connecting with Indigenous Knowledge Keepers - Dr. Sean Lessard
- Regalia Teachings and Dancing
- Marshmallow Structure - Building angles and vertices
- Shape Sticky Man - Area and perimeter
- Smudging & Teachings
- Medicine Picking & Teachings
- Scavenger Hunt
- Relay Races
Leading the Camp was:
- Kathleen Bortuzzo - Occasional Teacher
- Crystal Gionette - Student and Community Engagement Lead
- Pamela Hardy - Student and Community Engagement Lead
- Colleen Sheriff - Student and Community Engagement Lead
- Kerry Desjardins - Supervisory Officer - Superintendent
Location: St. Edward Catholic School
Dates: (To be announced)
Days: Monday through Friday
Time: 10am - 2pm
Lunch and snacks: Included
Please arrange for own transportation to and from camp. Contact Crystal, 807-889-2005, if you know your child is unable to attend all three weeks.
Why enrol your child?
- It’s an opportunity to become a more confident learner and leader by enhancing their literacy and numeracy skills.
- Afternoon experiences include First Nation, Metis and Inuit activities, physical activities, games, arts, and outdoor field trips.
- Healthy snacks and lunch will be provided.
- Small teacher to student ratio with experienced teachers, committed to providing a fun and enriching learning experience.
Crystal Gionette 807-889-2005 and leave a message, your call will be returned within 24 hours.
Initiative Contact: Crystal Gionette