Leader in Me initiative in 3 of our schools
We are thrilled to announce that The Leader In Me Initiative will be starting at three of our schools:
- St. Martin School in Terrace Bay
- Holy Saviour School in Marathon
- St. Joseph School in Geraldton
The Leader in Me is Franklin Covey’s whole school transformation process. It teaches 21st Century leadership and life skills to students and creates a culture of student empowerment based on the ideas that every child can be a leader.
"The best way to predict your future is to create it".
The Leader in Me process is aligned to the following:
- many provincial student achievement and well-being initiatives,
- our Superior North Catholic District School Board mission statement,
- initiatives to help students develop the skills needed for success in life.
What is learned:
- Problem Solving
- Initiative and Self-Direction
The Leader in Me differs from other whole-school transformation processes in that it offers a holistic, schoolwide experience for staff, students, parents, guardians, and communities, thus creating a common language and culture within the school. The leadership principles and lessons are not taught as a curriculum but instead builds a foundation empowering students to effectively lead their lives, work well with others and make contributions to the world around them.
Superior North Catholic District School Board is excited to embark on this school transformation process beginning September 2016.
Learn more about the Leader in Me program.