Voting Information for Catholic Ratepayers
Help us protect and promote Catholic education...ensure you are registered to vote as a Catholic separate school supporter!
As a registered Catholic school supporter, you have the opportunity to elect trustees who will represent and address your interests and concerns at the school board level and at various levels of the government.
- Your school board’s assessment base is a public record of the breadth of support for Catholic schools
- It helps track demographic trends for educational planning purposes
- It guarantees your right to enroll your children in Catholic schools. However, we do welcome non-Catholic children to our schools.
- Visit voterlookup.ca, an online service created by the Municipal Property
Assessment Corporation (MPAC) to check the accuracy of your voter information.
- Or call your Municipal Clerk’s Office to inquire how to check the local list of electors.
- Update or change your information, add a name to an address, or change your school support directly on the voterlookup.ca website.
- Go to the municipal offices for your community and fill out an application to be added to the list or to correct information. Proof of identification
may be required. Please call your municipal office to determine what documentation you may need.
- Verify that you are registered as a separate school supporter. If your support status is incorrect ask for an ‘Application to Amend Voters’ List’.
This form may be completed and submitted at the polling station.
- Ensure the ballot you are given is a separate school ballot.
- Catholic ratepayers must declare themselves to be Catholic and separate school electors in order to cast a vote in the election of separate school
trustees in municipal elections.
How to check if you are registered:
If your name is not on the list of electors or if the information is incorrect (e.g., name, address or school support data missing or incorrect) you should:
At the Polling Station:
Voting for Catholic School Board Representation:
Your support of and commitment to the Catholic School System is important!
Barbara Spadoni, Acting Director of Education and Hugh McCorry, Chair of the Board