Cannabis Awareness and Prevention Resources
The Safe School Committee members would like to share with you a list of resources that you can use in your schools when talking to students and parents about the new Cannabis Legislation. These resources are aimed to help address some of the misconceptions that students may have about the usage and effect of Cannabis and its legal ramifications.
We have also ordered a paper copy of the Cannabis Talk Kit to be sent to all parents, once the Board receives them. This is a great information tool for parents, teachers and students.
Links to available resources:
- Cannabis Information for Schools and School Boards
- Cannabis: What Parents/Guardians and Caregivers Need to Know
- Kids Help Phone - Cannabis: Important Things to Know
- CBC The Nature Of Things The Downside of High
- Cannabis Legalization: Ontario information and rules about recreational cannabis
- Teachers: Legalization of Recreational Cannabis (Ministry of Education)
- Cannabis in Canada: Government of Canada information and rules about recreational cannabis
- Cannabis Health Effects (Government of Canada)
- Canadian Youth Perceptions on Cannabis
- The Effects of Cannabis Use during Adolescence
- Talking with Teenagers about Drug Use (Government of Canada)