Play From Home - Ideas to help keep kids active at home
Jumpstart recognizes the connection between active play and the benefits for Self-Esteem, Social Skills and Academics.
Jumpstart aims to make sports and play accessible and inclusive to all Canadians! They believe no child should be left out from the chance to get active.
“For kids in need, a chance to play is about more than just getting active.”
Check out @CTJumpstart for daily highlights and activities!
Jumpstart has created ‘Play from Home’: an online hub dedicated to providing diverse activities to children, so they can support their wellbeing, all while considering the changes in our current daily routines.
Here are some links to resources that we found for indoor, outdoor, and quiet activities!
Keep active indoors!
Sometimes, all you need is a little motivation!
Jumpstart has provided a list of fun, online resources with activities to do at home. No matter what the weather, we can still find things that we enjoy, support our wellbeing and keep us healthy!
Here are some resources provided by Jumpstart’s Play At Home Program that you can do right in your house!
A great way to ground yourself and unplug from technology is to partake in outdoor activities!
A great way to ground yourself and unplug from technology, is to partake in outdoor activities!
Here are some great resources who have partnered up with Jumpstart to get people moving outdoors!
- Hockey Canada
- Get some tips and tricks for off-season fitness training from Adam, Hockey Canada’s lead strength and conditioning coach.
- Fit Spirit
- Check out their YouTube channel for some outdoor workout activities! They also have dance workouts that you could bring to your backyard!
- Canadian Olympic School Program
- Download the calendar for a full variety of activities available every day!
- Active for Life
- This site provides a range of skills activities from age 1 to 12!
- Alberta Active After School
- This site allows you to chose the skill, play area, group size and time frame for fun activities!
Here are some activities to try during your quiet time. Check out these activities from JumpStart and their partners.
Are you a hockey player? Check out some workouts from the Calgary Flames. Don’t have gym equipment don’t worry you don’t need it.
Mindful Minute get access to lots of materials from the Flames, Hitmen, Stampeders, and Roughnecks, including new and inspirational messages from the players, which will boost spirits and emotional well-being. You will need to create an account.
Watch a video from The Abilities Centre on breathing techniques to calm stress and anxiety.
YMCA Meditation techniques to bring you strength to your mind body and soul.
Check out some Arts and Crafts that you can try at home.
The Canadian Paralympics Team has a great activity book you can do during your quiet time.
Download Skate Canada’s activity book. It’s a fun, engaging activity for parents and children to enjoy at home! Filled with lessons and brain teasers
Our team of staff are always here to support you, regardless of the platform we need to use to get there.
- Tracy Bryson, Mental Health Lead - email@example.com or 807-228-3368 (call or text if needed)
- Kelli Adams for Marathon, Manitouwadge, and Terrace Bay - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ophelia Amonsah for Nipigon, Red Rock and Schreiber - email@example.com
- Mikayla Dawson for Geraldton, Longlac and Nakina - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reach out if you are in need of assistance and be sure to check out our website for information on the amazing services that continue to be offered by our dedicated service providers.
"Together We Educate Heart, Mind and Soul."